Personal Development Plan


For my own PDP, I wanted to set aims I knew would help me in the future. Firstly I wanted to build up my confidence in the studio. Before this I would not have been able to successfully set up the studio with lights, gels and back drops. I would not have got the lighting correct, or used the equipment to its full advantage. While carrying out the shoot, I was able to learn from other in my group about how to set things up, what was best to use and so on. After this, I feel if I needed to use the studio, I could so this alone successfully. 



I chose task two because I wanted to look more into other aspects of the photography world. So I was able to achieve this objective by helping to hang and organise the Re-Photography exhibition in the Blue Stairs gallery at the Salford Museum and Art Gallery. With 4 other people from the course, we were able to hang the 30 images that had be mounted on the walls, measured and mounted to the walls correctly. I feel we did a very good job, and Amy the curator felt the same. 


For tasks 3 and 4, I wanted to get an better idea of the style and photographers I like, as well as getting my images online for people to see. I added to my Flickr account so that I was able to see all my images together, and then decided in the future what kind of online platform I want to add my images to. Ive also made sure that I look for photographers I like, looking at work that inspirers me and I find most interesting. I found a lot of artists that are more high fashion/editorial which I really enjoy. I want to carry on broadening my knowledge on other artists throughout the years.