Chinese Whispers


For our next task we were given an assignment to where an image gets past along to the next person, without the next person knowing what it is about or the idea behind it. I was the fourth person in my group to receive an image, below is the image I received form Jade or her younger brother at a door way looking out. I had no idea what she was trying to get across with this image, I had to take the picture of what came next.


This is my image, of what I felt would come next. I felt from the previous image the boy looked curious as to what was going on outside. I chose to focus on the car outside, and chose to have the keys in the ignition, but with no one inside. I felt this image had some curiosity in it and could add something to the over all story. 


The Story.



The story starts of with a door handle of a front door in the dark, which then moved onto Jades image of the boy at the front door looking out. Then it was my image of the inside of a car, and from there the next image was an idea from the Tesco club card seen on the set of keys in my car image, the next image was of Tesco with police cars outside which is leading to the next two images. These images are the riots in Manchester, leading back to Tesco and then ending the series of images with a photograph from the publication Vogue of two models shopping in a supermarket dressed very fashionably.

Over all I felt this task worked well, making everyone think about their own ideas of an image and how they would see the story panning out. Even though the over all story didn't make much sense, it showed our own styles and ideas, which I think was a great task. If someone else had started with their image, the story could have gone a very different way, which is interesting.